In or near Norristown
- See the free-range peacocks, among other animal attractions, at the Elmwood Park Zoo
- Visit Valley Forge, which was the site of the 1777-78 winter encampment of the Continental Army, and enjoy the history and scenic hikes in Valley Forge National Historic Park
- Take in the spirits at Five Saints Distillery
Since Norristown is a short drive away from Philadelphia, we've included a few lists of on (and off) the beaten path recommended Philadelphia activities.
- Top ten things to do on your (first) trip to Philadelphia
- 25 things to do in Philadelphia:
- 49 Cool, Hidden, and Unusual Things to Do in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania