Thank you for your interest in working with the Danielson Group! See all current openings below:
Who we are:
The Danielson Group is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation dedicated to cultivating inclusive, affirming, and joyful learning environments for every student by creating professional learning systems and policies that inspire teachers and elevate the teaching profession. Founded on the principles and practices introduced by Charlotte Danielson in her seminal work, The Framework for Teaching, our work extends to school systems throughout the US and has informed national educational policy. Our growth and success depends upon the passion, dedication, and professionalism of our employees in the shared commitment to an inclusive, equitable, and inspiring work environment. We seek to build a diverse organization and actively recruit individuals who have traditionally met with employment discrimination based upon age, gender, sexual identity, race, origin, disability, culture, or religion. We are committed to fair compensation that includes healthcare, life and disability insurance, 401K with employer match, holiday leave, and generous paid time off.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to organizational culture, growth, and stability that manifests itself in an eagerness to learn new processes, adapt to new tools, and have a “roll up your sleeves and get started” approach to every task, small and large. A successful Executive Assistant will be a detail-oriented problem solver with excellent communication skills who works independently across teams to support interdepartmental operations, identify inefficiencies, and offer solutions. Ideally, we are looking for someone who:
- Takes a methodical approach to problem solving
- Adapts to last minute challenges and changes in workflow
- Plans forward with enthusiasm
- Quickly learns and uses new technology
- Is comfortable working in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office, and has at least some experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce, Adobe, iMovie and Quicktime
What you´ll do at the Danielson Group:
At the Danielson Group, you will work in a team setting where an open and collaborative culture will allow you to contribute from your first day. As an Executive Assistant you will work across teams to support personnel who develop and deliver our programs, design our products and services, and provide a range of client, reporting, and accounting services. You will work remotely and independently, within project parameters and production schedules that are defined for you, but you will also come to define project parameters and schedules that other team members will follow with your guidance. Among other things, you will:
- Provide executive support for the Executive Director and members of the DG’s Executive Leadership Team
- Manage calendars, agendas, and communications related to internal meetings and meetings of the Board of Directors
- Provide key reports as needed related to the organization’s financial performance, sales, and delivery of services
- Assist in the production of proposals, newsletters, and other external communications, including video presentations
- Monitor and approve staff expense reports, create audit trails, and assist in annual audits
The Danielson Group is based in Chicago, but this position can be performed remotely.
Salary for this position is $70,000.00 plus health benefits and 401K contribution. The Danielson Group has a generous PTO policy that includes a week-long summer and winter break.
Resume and cover letter required
The Danielson Group is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks persons of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQIA+ applicants for this position. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding, and enables each of us to realize our potential. The DG’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.